21 November 2011

Food and Baskets!

Last weekend Joel and I went up to Anna's to see the family on Saturday and in addition to catching up with everyone and enjoying playing with the girls, we got quite the set of early Christmas surprises!  Joel's Mum had brought a whole load of great things for our apartment for Christmas, along with an early Christmas present for me!


Having a basket on my bike makes my life so much easier!  I can actually carry stuff around without a) sweating to death, b) recurring instances of asthma, and c) being unable to steer because of all of the weight off my handlebars!  Many thanks to wonderful parents-in-law for the wonderful basket!

In other news, we've had some nice meals lately due to inexpensive ingredients at the shops.  Exhibit A: chicken-almost-cordon-bleu with pesto pasta and green beans, terribly yummy!


Exhibit B: Baked camembert in a box with fig salsa, toasted ciabatta bread, a big salad, and olives!


Unfortunately the toasted ciabatta didn't agree with one of my teeth, resulting in an emergency dentist appointment this morning to fix the tooth that broke!  So I guess getting lots of nice, cheap ingredients didn't necessarily "pay off" this time around.

In other news, the Jesus College Carol Service is this coming Sunday and should be absolutely wonderful!  If anyone would like to come it's this Sunday at...5:30?  I think?

No comments:

Post a Comment